When it comes to unique features in your home, you simply can’t beat something bespoke; entirely custom-made for your property. When it comes to roof windows, off-the-shelf alternatives just can’t compete with the quality, performance and appearance of a Stella bespoke rooflight.
In this guide to bespoke rooflights, we’ll be explaining just why going down this route for your rooflight is the way to go.
Designed exactly how you want it
When you choose a Stella bespoke rooflight, you as the client have complete control over its specifications; be that its size, shape, how it operates, or the materials it’s made from.
Your home is where you spend most of your time, so it’s only natural that that you want to make it reflect your style as closely possible. Only a bespoke design allows you to do this.
With an off-the-shelf rooflight you have to compromise, and make your home work around the standard options available to you. With a bespoke rooflight, the sky is the limit.
What Makes a Rooflight Bespoke?
A bespoke rooflight is one that’s been designed with your home in mind. No two are the same. Each roof window is designed and manufactured to your exact specifications. This will include the following:
- Glazing. With a bespoke rooflight, you can choose from a variety of glazing options (including triple glazing), as well as whether you want additional features such as self-cleaning options or solar protection.
- Fixed/Opening. Not everybody requires an opening rooflight, some prefer a fixed option. However, if you do require an opening rooflight then you have the choice of opening mechanism – manual or electric. You can even choose to have rain or wind sensors that close the roof window automatically in adverse weather. Stella also offers the option to operate your electric rooflight via an App using your smart device.
- Colour. Few things help personalise a rooflight more than its choice of colour; a bespoke rooflight will be painted (with marine-grade paint) in a colour of your choice, so that it enhances your property, rather than jars with it. You can choose both the external colour and internal finish of your rooflight, based on your own preference and design choice.
- Liner choice. It’s the little details that make the biggest difference, and unlike off-the-shelf alternatives, Stella offers you a range of high quality hard wood liners from which to choose. Popular options include American Ash, European Oak and American Black Walnut, but the options really are endless.
- Size and Shape. This is perhaps the biggest benefit of going bespoke for your rooflight needs. If you have a property with unusual dimensions or odd rafter sizes, or you simply want a rooflight in a different shape to what’s usually offered, then a bespoke rooflight manufacturer like Stella rooflight is a must.
So, whether you’re after a heritage-style rooflight, an ultra-modern skylight or something in between, your best option is to go bespoke. That way, you have complete control over the product that’s being manufactured for you. In other words, that dream rooflight you’ve had in mind for years? That can quickly become a reality.
In our guide to bespoke rooflights, we’ve touched upon the benefits of going bespoke, as well as the different aspects of a rooflight that can be customised to your personal needs and requirements. If you’d like to find out more about our bespoke rooflight, just click here.